If you are studying at TAFE or at University and you want some experience working with an established web design and development agency here in Sydney, we invite you to apply for our internship program. This is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience working in a creative digital environment working with open source technologies such as WordPress and Joomla!
Learn how to work as a website implementer building websites from scratch and work as web support personnel helping clients and customers manage and evolve their websites.
Flexible hours to work around your course with opportunity for full time role at the end of your studies.
This internship is the same training programme that we take all of our staff through in order to prepare them to work within our agency.
PB Web Development is offering a unique internship to web design or web development students who have genuine interest in developing their career in a rapidly growing industry. Learn all of the base standards that you will be using after graduating from your course with tools such as JIRA, LESS and many more.
We provide open source solutions for clients around Australia using platforms such as Joomla! and WordPress and you will learn the skills required to do so.
We offer our team members a fast paced, flexible, fun environment that places great emphasis on continual learning and skills development and creativity.
Within this role you will gain practical experience in:
- Website implementations using Joomla! & WordPress
- Learn how to use the T3 framework to build websites
- Implementing websites using Bootstrap
- Coding with LESS
- Basic PHP development and coding
Your tasks on the job will be to learn and apply these skills to mock development projects and writing about your experiences in the form of reports, blog posts and tutorials for other staff members and interns.
You will join the team under the guidance of a dedicated web implementer who will show and teach you all you need to know.
The role will equip you with all the skills that you will need to know to build Joomla! websites the best way possible.
- Some knowledge on using photo and image editing software such as Photoshop
- Some experiencing in using code editors such as PHPStorm, TextEdit or similar code editing suite
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Professional phone manner
- You are able to work on your own initiative and can multitask and prioritise;
- You are tactful, proactive and display a real team player and positive ‘can do' attitude;
- Strong Academic student
- You will need to have strong written and spoken English skills
What you will gain
- Experience in the fast growing and competitive area of digital development
- Examples of work to take away with you
- An excellent skillset to put on your CV
- An opportunity to join a fast growing team at the end of your studies
- A solid understanding of digital production
At the end of our training you will have all the skills you need to work with our team at PB Web Development or become a professional freelancer working within the industry.
If you're interested in finding out more, please email the team with an overview and CV to [email protected]
Hours are flexible and we will work out the best scenario to suit you and your studies.